About the Pilot Program:
In anticipation of the grand opening of Droid Rocks! in Spring 2018, we are running a 16 week pilot program. We are looking for motivated pupils to join the pilot program at a steeply discounted rate.
- You are interested in learning how to code.
- You have a passion for mobile devices and applications.
- You enjoy brain games and solving puzzles.
- You are able to commit 8 hours per week to class time and an average of about 8 hours outside of class on assignments.
- You know what PEMDAS (order of operations) is and can solve high school algebra without help.
- You are at least 18 years of age (exceptions may be made for incredibly bright, talented and disciplined minors).
- You are proficient with the English language.
What You Get:
- Eight hours per week of class time (128 total hours of formal instruction).
- Your own app, published to the Play Store, using your own developer account.
- After-hours access to the instructor for general Q&A and help with program debugging.
- Instruction geared towards a corporate development environment. This is the closest you can get to real world experience without actually having a job in the industry; you will have experience developing an app from concept to deployment using industry standard tools and methods.
- Access to an expansive network of recruiters and a personal recommendation letter should you excel in your studies and have an interest in pursuing a career in Android development.
- After completion of the program, you may be offered a position as an instructor or TA if your performance warrants it. All offers are subject to availability.
- Weekday classes will be held from 7 PM to 9 PM Mondays and Wednesdays as well as a separate offering Tuesdays and Thursdays. Both offerings will meet Sundays from 10 AM to 2 PM.
- You need to have a personal laptop (Windows or Mac) running the latest operating system.
- You need to be able to afford supplemental materials such as books and subscriptions to online development tools (~$200 total).
- Students will be accepted up to November 30th, 2017, classes start the week of December 4.
- Since this is a pilot program, space is extremely limited; only 3-4 students per program offering will be accepted.
- Payment is expected in advance on a monthly basis ($320 per month). Cash, personal checks and Venmo are the only acceptable forms of payment.
- No refunds will be given for missed classes but the instructor may allow you to make up the hours on a discretional basis. As lessons will be heavily dependent on one another and taught in a relatively short period of time, attendance and mastery of material is crucial to your success in this program. A webcast may be broadcast for students unable to attend class in person for a valid reason (sickness, bereavement, etc.).
How to Apply:
- Complete the form below and submit. You will receive a reply via email within a few days.
- Prospective students will be asked to complete and submit a very brief (one to two hours) assignment before formal acceptance into the program.